Bad Gurls Guide

We love our bread, We love our butter, and most of all We love each other...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Summons, Cravings & Pretty Mugs.....

Gua kena saman - I was having an interview at a client's site in Kent and i got my first ticket in UK for parking without displaying my coupon. Me being the usual chey mey kui aka blind bat did not find the parking meter, so i thought i could get away with it. Suay suay kena saman pulak. The damage is 30pounds if you pay before 14 days and 60pounds after that. Here's the BIG sticker stuck on my windscreen. They pack the ticket nicely in this plastic envelope so even if it rains you have no excuses, honey....
A little sam toung....somemore UK tak boleh, "Encik boleh tolong ah?" (clue: Saya Anti Rasuah)


Cravings - I had intense cravings for a yummy bowl of laksa. My solution? Wing Yip in Croydon. Can also shop online at wingyip.com but then you dunno if they'll pack your stuff in unsophisticated red + white plastic bags which leak sambal (not nice if it's sent to office derrr)Croydon's about an hour's drive from work, I cabut-ed work after lunch to get the ingredients...how naughty is that compared to ponteng-ing classes for bak ku teh, skipping physics class to polish school trophies for Auntie Letchumy(involuntarily agrees when she does the "girl come" + wave thingy) or skipping bio classes to play fanatic volleyball under the scorching hot sun outside the bio lab? I laugh when i recall images of The Cane Mrs Tee threatened to use on us (lol! at form four!!!) and the megaphone (girls, quiet please..shh shhh...***siren***)After half a day's hard day's work not at work, here's my masterpiece. Thanks to ready made Singapore Laksa sauce by Woh Hup and wuuualllaaa!


Pretty Mug -I bought this pretty gigantic mug from Madame Tussaud's. So pretty uh? Just love it! The visit to Madame's was only so-so though. Highly-not-recommended. And Chamber Live was a bit cheesy, like our standard five haunted house kind if you know what i mean. Confession: i screamed (so unmacho) cos they had ppl dressed in costumes and they scare the shit out of you by appearing anywhere, anytime, anyhow! Not because they are scary..duh...

*wie*

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, November 03, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ai seh....so not careful. yah lah, cops there cannot do the "moi, macam mana nak settleee??". Suddenly the driver CAN provide solution. The saman looks beautiful tho. I thot some car sticker thing, u know like those "baby on board" or "furkid in the car"...hahahha...wie, laksa looks delicious. Maybe I should have laksa today, "ai ham ai ham" hehehehe.....love the mug too!!

     
  • At Friday, November 03, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wah.... first ticket in UK .... at least urs is only 30pounds.... mine was 150 dollars when i was driving in San Francisco and ran the YELLOW light... i was ready to puke bloody then...

     
  • At Friday, November 03, 2006 3:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess I'm such chicken shit I'll never kena saman or anything. I can so go live in Singapore man! Good Resident summore I believe I will be..lol..Well..I shall place my first saman when I get it as well! LOL!!

     
  • At Friday, November 10, 2006 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    $30 pounds.. cheapcheapcheap. i kena saman RM$1,200 for speeding 30km over d limit drivin from sydney to kanberra. kan-ni.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home