Bad Gurls Guide

We love our bread, We love our butter, and most of all We love each other...

Friday, July 07, 2006


What’s playing in my iPod...

noticed via msn yennader playing Lisa Ono. Inspired me to write about it. I got my album from Shanghai…in a run down shop somewhere down a dingy corner. Sometimes if you korek-korek you will end up with one or two surprises. Malaysia kenot find this cd right? Very lao beh..

Lisa’s music brazilian bossa i think, and it’s nice although some pieces are frustratingly slow. I’ve introduced her album to quite a few people and they went like “Huh? Very boring leh”. Maybe it’s an acquired taste. Think nice bubble bath in the tub with your hair down…a glass of wine….scented candles…. a good book….and complete it with a few good pieces I’d recommend.
1) Borboleta (favourite)
2) Ominira
3) Tahiti Yasmin Fillil
4) Luzir

Well, if you need a yoga session for the mind, think Lisa Ono.
(still holding on to my allsortsofJazz, hotel costes, raving house music, etc etc…bad gurls need a decent palette with contrasting characters to be exciting) .
So, Bad Gurls...what's playing in your lappie??

yennader, my album is in JB.. can get from a-joo. Plus I have a cool piano jazz CD if you want some background music for your big day. Don't play kitaro please...but may I ahlianfy the wedding if i get to attend it? I want to sing karaoke (ai pia jia ey yia for Dahan) and play mahjong. Haven't pong pong and gong gong for a long time liao ler....

*wiewielian*

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 4:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehehhehe.... nvm la, get it from you when you come back. Eh, should be IF you come back. Anyway, I'm hooked to this LO...her voice is sooooo beaooootifullllllest ler. Yes, I truly agree that it's acquired taste cos Lulu Chan cannot stand it. It makes her wanna sleep wor... Ohhh puhhhlllleeesssssseee....do you have to sing tat?? Sing la song from Raja Singa, "Cann yoooouuu seee thheee laaappp tooonitteee??" hehehe

     
  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 8:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yen'neday,

    It's 'Can you FEEL the lapp tonite lah...not SEE!! hahahaha...
    Oh well, I have fallen in love with Lisa Ono when I first heard her voice and made an attempt to go download watever songs i can find about her since she is NOT available in Malaysia...yeah..I must agree it takes a person with acquired taste to enjoy it since Nemo also always think my choice of songs are sleepy...But I'm glad that I've always been the DJ in the office and mesti ikut yena's taste in music..not too FAST..not too SLOW..lol... I'm also currently very into Eva Cassidy after my friend intro-ed me to her...Gorgeous voice ever! Wish I could sing like any of them. Other than that, I'm also in love with Bebel Gilberto, beautiful composition, suitable for chill-out and also easy listening, it's the accent when the latino's hit the english and pronounce certain words in such an exquisite way...I must say..I really salut them! Sure wish I could sing someone to sleep if I had that voice~

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aiyo yenna, sing ai pia jia ey yia then you faster faster get baby mah...but if i attend your wedding i want to drink shandy and eat kacang ngan yin also...then you must wear can-can wedding dress nor..

    minkerdoinks, yeah bebel i hap also in my latin america cd. there are some other uptempo songs in this cd too...like 'watermelon man' by Santamaria which will get you lancing and geleking your bootie ..

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yah....can you feeeeellll the lap tonite...LOL!! sigh...what can you expect from someone who tot physically fit from I like to move it move it is pikikilifit (just some noise)

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yennnn!!
    LOL LOL pikikilifit LOL LOL

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tell u wie, when i asked the girls (nemo & meekiong) isn't it pikikilifit, they all laugh until nearly fall off their chair i tell you. Meekiong (the googleGIRL) went and google the lyrics and showed me. Paiseh!! Otherwise, I'll pikikilifit all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home