Bad Gurls Guide

We love our bread, We love our butter, and most of all We love each other...

Friday, June 23, 2006

To Brit or not to Brit


Time for me to start blogging. Funny how I always ridicule people who blog. Jiak pa bo tai ji zhor meh? (translates as 'lepas makan takde kerja lain ker?).

Today my geng malaysia kat opis were sembang-ing in English. Then, this new colleague of ours from South Africa asked, "what language is that you're speaking? is that english? it doesn't sound english to me". Bengang sial. And we did not even include words like "makan" or "sedaaaap" in our conversation. Then another colleague remarked, "you'll understand them after a few months".

Hmm...is our english so difficult to understand? Is that why *** (names have been removed to protect the identity of the innocent) pronounced Dermaydoes (tomatoes lah) after only a week in Aussie? I get irritated when I hear weird american or british accents coming from malaysians....so wannabe. Will I become like that subconsciously when I try to get myself understood?

Are there any excuses for malaysians who try so hard to sound like brits they end up sounding really cacat? Kalau yang genuinely sound like americans or brits cos they have been there for a long time tu, kira okey lah....I had a fren who was so proud of her cacat accent she said 'Everyone was so surprised when I told them I am Malaysian!' Buay tahan ah (wah karma liao...even when I blog also I obtain bad karma...how to regain karma like dat?).

Question of the day (since you gurls have lived out of the tanah tumpah darahku at some point )
"What's Ah Lian to do in Engrand when she's not understood speaking Engrish?"

Maybe my engrish too laojiii hor?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home